A couple of dwarf Banksia pod pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Powerstroke 7.3

Thanks to Robutacion for the blanks, turned a couple of them and like how they turned out. The blue one I call the "Peacock" and the red is the Dragon Bullet". Each has 15 coats of ca and sanded to 4k grit and polished with Novus.

Attachments

• IMGP9623_1024x683.jpg
    IMGP9623_1024x683.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 385
  • IMGP9659_1024x683.jpg
    IMGP9659_1024x683.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 535
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Fantastic Pens Aaron,
The Blue Banksia, is Spectacular.
The Red Banksia Bolt Action, is Magnificant.
Your Fit and Finish is Superb, and your Matching of Blank to Pen is Spot On.
Congratulations and thanks for sharing them with us,
Brian.

Fantastic Pens Aaron,
The Blue Banksia, is Spectacular.
The Red Banksia Bolt Action, is Magnificant.
Your Fit and Finish is Superb, and your Matching of Blank to Pen is Spot On.
Congratulations and thanks for sharing them with us,
Brian.

Thank you for the comments. Looking forward to turning one of the green ones this week.

robutacion

Thanks to Robutacion for the blanks, turned a couple of them and like how they turned out. The blue one I call the "Peacock" and the red is the Dragon Bullet". Each has 15 coats of ca and sanded to 4k grit and polished with Novus.

Thanks mate,

This are the very first pair of pens I seen made with these blanks I made...!:wink:

You done a great job with those 2 so, lets hope everything goes well for the green one...!

Keep up the good work...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

healeydays

Hi Aaron,

Great job. I was planning on cutting into one of George's blanks tomorrow night. Any issues while cutting them?

Mike B

Hi Aaron,

Great job. I was planning on cutting into one of George's blanks tomorrow night. Any issues while cutting them?

Mike B

No problems - they are a harder material than plain acrylic so I used my carbide tools and took my time turning them down. There may be some voids but they are not big. I used CA to fill them and on one a little larger I filled it with some black dust from a tru-stone I had saved for that purpose. When drilling them I made sure to go slow at the end so they would not blow out and I had no problems. They took a ca finish very well. Over all I like them and will get more when the opportunity rises.

Hope this helps

Top Bottom