A Couple Coffee Slimlines

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from stoneman

stoneman

A while back a couple IAP members agreed to cast me some Green Mountain Coffee beans for pen blanks. Previously I've posted a couple pens made from JayDevin casts. Here are two from castings I got from another IAP member, Modelmaker. The first is a slimline pencil made from roasted beans in a dark green resin (similar to GMCR logo green). The contrast is a little better than the photo shows. I had difficulty keeping the blank "clean", so it had some tiny flecks of "dust" in it, but learned a bit. The second is a slimline pen made from roasted beans in a light blue resin. I was able to keep this one quite a bit "cleaner". I have more blanks to work with and hope to imporve my skill at doing them. Folks I've showed the coffee pens to think they are pretty cool anyway. Any tips regarding making the coffee pens will be graciously accepted. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• GMCR30.JPG
    GMCR30.JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 189
  • GMCR31.JPG
    GMCR31.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 241
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stoneman

Where can i get some of the coffee bean blanks?

Jim,
I got my blanks from two IAP members, JayDevin and Modelmaker. I worked out a deal with each of them to cast my Green Mountain Coffee Beans into their resins (I live near the GMCR roasting plany in Vermont and specifically wanted GMCR beans). Two other IAP members that I know of have also offered coffee bean blanks for sale in the past, Elmostro and wolftat. You might try contacting any of these four to follow up and see what might be available.

Top Bottom