A couple of clip-less in celluloid

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dgscott

dgscott

Celluloid us one of my favorite materials (I love the smell of camphor in the morning!). These two are both celluloid from American Art Plastics. The first is their ivory celluloid -- a beautiful material that comes closer to elephant ivory than any other material I've seen. The second is their purple web celluloid -- dark and subtle until you place it in the light when a striking herringbone pattern becomes evident and flecks of silver appear in scalloped waves. The second photo, slightly overexposed, is meant to show that some of the lines in the herringbone patter become transparent when turned thin enough. The spots on the pen, by the way, aren't dust -- they're some of the silver flecks reflecting my studio light. The Ivory is large -- 15 cm, the purple slightly smaller at 13 cm.

Thanks for looking.
Doug

Attachments

• ivorycelluloid.jpg
    ivorycelluloid.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 201
  • purpleweb.jpg
    purpleweb.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 202
  • purplewebdetail.jpg
    purplewebdetail.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Those are really nice Doug. Celluloid is also one of my favorite materials. Only issue with the ivory one is it tends to stain from the ink.

76winger

Beautiful looking pens although I have no experience with the material. Regardless, i love the shape of them and subtle lines in the ivory colored one.

Top Bottom