Couple Clicks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Russianwolf

Russianwolf

My first tries at Aaron's Click pens.

1) Tulipwood on a Platinum
2) Celtic Irish Bog Oak on a Platinum

I have to say that I really like this kit and it will become one of my staples I think.

Attachments

• click1.jpg
    click1.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 191
  • click2.jpg
    click2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 179
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arw01

I just made one of those myself for a fellow at work out of Wenge. The Rhodium plating was first rate, and he's quite happy with the pen. They have good weight to them, take a parker style refill (which I find to be higher quality than Cross of late), and due to the 3/8" tube have some thickness for holder.

Wenge is not a wood I plan to use again though, just no life in the pen. Under extreme light it's very pretty with small areas of brilliant yellow, red, and orange, but unless you are in an operating room, it's not bright enough to get that effect from.

Mike, did you find it difficult to get a shape to the pen that was not pretty darn straight? I've got amboyna burl in the lathe now and have been filling the voids from tear out in the grain reversals that I am trying to get a little more curve into the blank.

Had a nasty little skew catch at the very top when putting the very last cut to it, so I have a funky little head up there to work with. The kit is very specific on it's length with the supplied tube, just the trimming to size almost did in my Wenge one. Another mm and the insert would have not retracted into the nib.

Russianwolf

I don't try for a lot of shape on most pens. I'm one of those that thinks there is a reason that most of the best selling pens are very simple in shape. So I do most of them B2B with just a slight bulge so that they are visually straight.

So far I haven't sold one, These are my first two and they have been on the site and in my back for just a couple days. But I think it will be a good seller.

I'm going to prep a dozen blanks later today, with about half of them being Bog Oak since that is by far most of my sales. I will be ready for the Celtic festival next year (missed the deadline this year).

Top Bottom