A couple of cigars and a bit of Panache

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from omb76

omb76

This is my work from the weekend. Blanks are from Jonathon.

1) Gold titanium cigar, I reversed painted the blank black so all the black that you see in the pen is a result of the painting. I could tell that this was pretty translucent from the start and I would uncertain how the black would work...pretty happy with the results.

2) Copper cigar, reversed painted blanks white. This is the second blank like this that I've turned and love the way they come out. One of my favorites.

3) Panache, reversed painted white. The kit started out as 10k gold, but I had to do a little finishing work after it was assembled and I can never get the center band out without destroying it so I just took some EEE and polished all the parts until the nickle showed, coat of Renissance wax and good to go.

Comments welcome and thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG_2559.jpg
    IMG_2559.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_2554.jpg
    IMG_2554.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_2564.jpg
    IMG_2564.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 191
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Brooks803

All 3 are great David! The 2nd and 3rd are my favs. I'm kinda kicking myself bc I should have done a better job with the swirling on the panache blank...but honestly it looks perfect the way you have it! It's very striking and taking off the 10k was for the best. I need to keep a photo log of every box of blanks I send out bc I'm trying to remember how that middle cigar blank looked prior to you turning it, it's really cool!

wiset1

Fantastic looking pens! The second and third ROCK. I'm really thinking about giving the Panache pens a try. Any tips or is it pretty easy?

omb76

All 3 are great David! The 2nd and 3rd are my favs. I'm kinda kicking myself bc I should have done a better job with the swirling on the panache blank...but honestly it looks perfect the way you have it! It's very striking and taking off the 10k was for the best. I need to keep a photo log of every box of blanks I send out bc I'm trying to remember how that middle cigar blank looked prior to you turning it, it's really cool!

Thanks! The copper one is awesome, the movement within the blank is incredible. Prior to being turned, it was a coppery orange with some really pale blue (almost like aged copper) streaks on the outside. Send a box of blanks over and I'll let you know if one is in there. :biggrin:

Fantastic looking pens! The second and third ROCK. I'm really thinking about giving the Panache pens a try. Any tips or is it pretty easy?

Thanks! The Panache is a pretty straight forward pen, just have to find a blank that is big enough to make it from. I also like to give it just a little flair out towards the ends, I think it makes for a very appealing design. Personal preference though.

Top Bottom