A Couple of Cigars

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jttheclockman

jttheclockman

Here is a couple cigars I made with a red and a blue Sheaffer top blank ( I love this stuff) and a homemade cast lower barrel. Thanks for looking.

redandbluecigarpens.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
J

jackrichington

the blue top is striking ..really catches the eye

dasimm

JT,

Nice color combination. Nice fit and finish as well.

Question though - is the blue pen (upper barrel) really shorter than the red or is it an optical/photograph illusion?

Take care.

rwyoung

Now that looks great!

I need to remember that one. Even with just the one decent acrylic cigar to show around I'm getting questions about making more (for $$)!

jedgerton

John,

Those really look sharp! What is that acrylic, the colors are really bright and they look great. By the way, my immediate reaction was that if you just added a little red to the blue/white or blue to the red/white, you would have one really nice patriotic pen.

John

jttheclockman

John,

Those really look sharp! What is that acrylic, the colors are really bright and they look great. By the way, my immediate reaction was that if you just added a little red to the blue/white or blue to the red/white, you would have one really nice patriotic pen.

John

Believe me I did think about it. I have something in the works for that though. The red and blue is material from rods made for the Sheaffer Pen Co. The white is my mixture or PR and PearlX white. This is fun isn't it??

jttheclockman

JT,

Nice color combination. Nice fit and finish as well.

Question though - is the blue pen (upper barrel) really shorter than the red or is it an optical/photograph illusion?

Take care.

David

The two pens are actually the same size. I should have taken the photo more from the top instead of the front. The camera can't pick up the depth of field on both pens that way. Here they are sitting in a pen rack I made and posted in one of the other boards here.

pensinpenrack.jpg

jttheclockman

If anyone is interested here is the rack that I mentioned without the pens. It is made from rosewood and red oak. Finished with a waterbased lacquer. Thanks for looking.

penrack.jpg

Top Bottom