Couple Caballeros

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Sprung

Sprung

I purchased some of the new All-Chrome Caballeros from Smitty's in his Pre-Production sale and finally got a chance to put some of them to use.

I really really like this kit with the all chrome. I had been starting to get away from the Jr. Gent I style kits because I just haven't been impressed with the looks or the durability of the black portions on any of the various Jr. Gent I style kits I've used.

But, in all chrome, I think it makes a great looking pen! I'm going to have to order more of these...

Here's a couple I've got pictures of.

The first one a a "Pretty & Pink" acrylic blank I purchased from Exotic Blanks. My wife chose the blank and I made the pen so we could give it to a young lady from our church as a high school graduation gift.

The second one is an exceptionally figured piece of York Gum Burl. CA finish. It shows darker in the pic than it really is - I need to work on my lighting while taking pics. I had wanted to put this piece on a little bit larger kit, but it was just a little too small to go with anything larger than this style/size of pen, so when I got my all chrome kits, I knew this piece was going to end up on one of them. This was one of the blanks in my very small private stash and I've been hanging on to it for almost 2 years, since even before I got a lathe and started turning pens.

Attachments

• IMG_0215a.jpg
    IMG_0215a.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_0252a.jpg
    IMG_0252a.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 314

Janster

I purchased some of the new All-Chrome Caballeros from Smitty's in his Pre-Production sale and finally got a chance to put some of them to use.

I really really like this kit with the all chrome. I had been starting to get away from the Jr. Gent I style kits because I just haven't been impressed with the looks or the durability of the black portions on any of the various Jr. Gent I style kits I've used.

But, in all chrome, I think it makes a great looking pen! I'm going to have to order more of these...

Here's a couple I've got pictures of.

The first one a a "Pretty & Pink" acrylic blank I purchased from Exotic Blanks. My wife chose the blank and I made the pen so we could give it to a young lady from our church as a high school graduation gift.

The second one is an exceptionally figured piece of York Gum Burl. CA finish. It shows darker in the pic than it really is - I need to work on my lighting while taking pics. I had wanted to put this piece on a little bit larger kit, but it was just a little too small to go with anything larger than this style/size of pen, so when I got my all chrome kits, I knew this piece was going to end up on one of them. This was one of the blanks in my very small private stash and I've been hanging on to it for almost 2 years, since even before I got a lathe and started turning pens.

...............try the Rhodium and you'll most likely not use Chrome again! They ROCK!

Sprung

...............try the Rhodium and you'll most likely not use Chrome again! They ROCK!

If/when Smitty comes out with the Rhodium in all Rhodium and without the black portions, I'll definitely have to give it a try! Haven't delved into using any Rhodium kits yet - but hope to sometime soon.

Top Bottom