A couple Bolt Action Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bsshog40

bsshog40

These have got to be the easiest kits on the market. I made me and my wife one today.

Attachments

• Both 2.jpg
    Both 2.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bsshog40

Hey, you are making us look bad. Again, fit and finish are outstanding! CA finish, I bet.
Thanks! Yep CA finish. A little while back, the weather forced me to go with CA because it was too cold for anything else to cure in the shop. I'm actually liking it quite a bit.

magpens

Congrats !!! . Very well done !!

Yes, the 30 Cal Bolt Action is a very easy build ... I highly recommend it as the first pen for beginners. . It makes a very attractive pen which is very marketable, also. . There is almost nothing that can go wrong for first timers.

Only slight drawback is the price ... more expensive than some first timers want to spend on a kit for first time turning but because success is almost certainly assured, I think the price is worth it.

Last edited:

bsshog40

Congrats !!! . Very well done !!

Yes, the 30 Cal Bolt Action is a very easy build ... I highly recommend it as the first pen for beginners. . It makes a very attractive pen which is very marketable, also. . There is almost nothing that can go wrong for first timers.

Only slight drawback is the price ... more expensive than some first timers want to spend on a kit for first time turning but because success is almost certainly assured, I think the price is worth it.

Thanks Magpens! I had also made some of the Bullet Click Pens and did not like the kits at all. You would press one end with an already pressed end and one or the other would go in further. I had to steal parts from 2 other kits to finally get them together. These Bolt Action Kits are a breeze. As for the price, I actually got these with a bundle deal. 3 sets, gold, chrome & gun metal, the set of bushings and 1 blank. I didn't use the blank though. All for about $35. Wasn't a bad deal. They turned out nice. I still have the gold set left and will do it another day I guess.

turncrazy43

You may want to change the bolt handle so that it locks down into the stop handle down. Before assembly use a small Phillips head screw driver and loosen the screw in the cap assembly about 2 turns, swing the bolt handle around and tighten the screw down very snuggly. The kit comes with the handle in the wrong direction so it must be changed on each kit. Just my 2 cents.
Turncrazy43

bsshog40

You may want to change the bolt handle so that it locks down into the stop handle down. Before assembly use a small Phillips head screw driver and loosen the screw in the cap assembly about 2 turns, swing the bolt handle around and tighten the screw down very snuggly. The kit comes with the handle in the wrong direction so it must be changed on each kit. Just my 2 cents.
Turncrazy43
Not sure I'm understanding you. The way it works now is to lower the bolt into the locking position to write. Then just press the bolt and it snaps back up into the non writing position. Do you have a pic of what you are describing as I'm curious now. Lol

gtriever

The bolt handle is reversible. Look inside the cap at the bolt mechanism and you'll see a Phillips-head screw. By loosening that, you can rotate the bolt handle to a new position. Be sure to lock it back down when you're finished.

bsshog40

The bolt handle is reversible. Look inside the cap at the bolt mechanism and you'll see a Phillips-head screw. By loosening that, you can rotate the bolt handle to a new position. Be sure to lock it back down when you're finished.

Ok, I'll have to look at my last kit I haven't used yet. Thanks!

Top Bottom