A couple of blanks that I've made

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jjartwood

Jjartwood

I made these two blanks using speaker wire in one and mini pine cones from a tree in my yard for the other.

Attachments

• IMG_0558.jpg
    IMG_0558.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 265
  • IMG_0557.jpg
    IMG_0557.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 255
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jjartwood

The trick to the speaker wire is to create a birds nest with the wire so it does on all
drop to the bottom of the mold,

ALexG

I've casted mini pine cones this week for first time, I have the blanks cut and drilled ready to be glued and turned, I'm wondering what will be the end result, did you stabilize the cones before, I just put it right away, so that's my main concern

Drstrangefart

I've casted mini pine cones this week for first time, I have the blanks cut and drilled ready to be glued and turned, I'm wondering what will be the end result, did you stabilize the cones before, I just put it right away, so that's my main concern

They SHOULD be good to go between the fibers soaking the resin up and also being supported by the resin around them.

Jjartwood

I did not stabilize the cones first. I did however keep some thin CA close by
and at random times stop and coat the blank allowing enough time for the CA
to soak in before hitting it with accelerant. I would say to be very careful with the turned blank,the cones make the blank prone to cracks until a good coat of CA is in place.
I cast transparent because I cast in a mold large enough for several molds and by back painting in different colors I don't have 5 of the same blanks at one time

Top Bottom