A couple of birthday presents

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Had a bit of free time yesterday so I made up these as birthday gifts for my neighbors. The first is a pen/pencil set on my home cast blanks. The second is an Art Deco ballpoint with Charoite TruStone. I immediately had to remove that ugly eye sore of a pimp crystal and turned a replacement from the same trustone. All were MM to 12000 and polished with PlastX. Each received their gifts last night and were thrilled (I bet you couldn't tell they both like the color purple???)! The recipient of the art deco is a web designer and now we are trading services. She's building me a website and I'm making her an Art Deco Rollerball in return with her choice of platings and blank. I'm excited to start so keep an eye out for the finished product! Comments and critiques welcomed on these btw. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 100_73622.jpg
    100_73622.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 177
  • 102_9957.jpg
    102_9957.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 202
  • 102_9948.jpg
    102_9948.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 152
  • 102_9941.jpg
    102_9941.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 154
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
All look great! The dark home cast blank against the chrome pen/pencil set are a great combination. I really like the idea of getting rid of the crystal accent stone on the Art Deco. I'm not sure what is "Art Deco" about a fake jewel...

I too am doing a trade deal for website development, gotta love that everyone needs a pen and most can appreciate a nice one.

Chris

MAB11

Those are both stunning! I love the "pimp crystal" modification; it really ties it all together.
Nice work Jonathon.

phillywood

Your second pen turned out very nice. the first one is Ok, but the proportion of the top to the bottom is off. bottom blanks have too much curves too them while the tops don't have them. Nice job, as for the finish and the colors.

Brooks803

Thanks everyone for the quick & kind words! Richard...I just finished putting in a resupply order so a big thank you for offering the 20% off coupon code.

Phillip, I purposely turned the bottom barrels that way. I prefer to turn slimlines straight barreled but the new owner just turned 72, has Parkinson's disease, and asked that I make them a bit larger for her hand.

ToddMR

The art deco looks awesome! It amazes me how someone can turn something to replace an item that is SO small.

phillywood

Thanks everyone for the quick & kind words! Richard...I just finished putting in a resupply order so a big thank you for offering the 20% off coupon code.

Phillip, I purposely turned the bottom barrels that way. I prefer to turn slimlines straight barreled but the new owner just turned 72, has Parkinson's disease, and asked that I make them a bit larger for her hand.
That makes sense then, didn't mean to be critical of them. I think we have to consider those elements as we design pens for custom orders. Thanks for the heads up.

bitshird

Jonathon, I think the set is about as nice of a slimline set as I've seen in a while, and a nice touch dumping the "pimp" stone, for the life of me I can not understand why they compromised such an elegant design with that stupid Swarovski crystal.

Brooks803

The art deco looks awesome! It amazes me how someone can turn something to replace an item that is SO small.

Thanks Todd! I've done a good many of these but it never seems to get any easier!

Great work. BTW the brains are painted and glued

SWEET! Can't wait to see it. Feel free to post it if you'd like

Jonathon, I think the set is about as nice of a slimline set as I've seen in a while, and a nice touch dumping the "pimp" stone, for the life of me I can not understand why they compromised such an elegant design with that stupid Swarovski crystal.

Thank you Ken. Im proud of them myself.

Top Bottom