A couple Barons

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Woodnknots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodnknots

Here's my second corn cob. I did this one from Indian Corn, to see of the corn color would translate to the cob. Only a little. It's still pretty cool, though. These are a big hit. I haven't sold any yet, but that's only because I haven't put any up for sale. This one is most likely sold, though.

2005102204247_Cobbaron1.jpg

This one is pink ivory. I got my vise a bit cockeyed when I was pressing parts. There's a very small crack in the bottom barrel on the nib side. It's only there if you know it's there. This one may be my wife's new work pen, if she gets the job she just interviewed for.

2005102204453_pinkivoryfount1.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ron Mc

I've never seen a Baron cob either. Great job. That cob had to be huge to pull this off.

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Great job on the cob Baron... especially considering how little thickness there is to work with... nicely done

Here is one a did a while ago.... special order for a customer... cob was stabilized by River Ridge... turns out real hard when stabilized

<b>Image Insert:</b><br />
200557181956_CobBaron.jpg
<br />

Woodnknots

I actually stabilize my own. First, I soak it in Nelsonite for a few minutes under vacuum to harden the core. Then I soak it in a solution of plexiglass dissolved in acetone for about a week. After that it's a matter of drilling and turning, and LOTS of CA. I just soaked some in an aneline dye dissolved in DNA, I'm going to start the stabilizing process today, and hope to get a nice turnout in about a week and a half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom