A couple of Apollos and a Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from pyurgal

pyurgal

Here are a couple of pens that I finished.

The first one is for my wedding guest book. It was made using the wedding white blank from Exotics. I really like this one and so does Therese my soon to be wife. :)

The next one is another Apollo pen done with a purple maple burl blank. I ruined two other purple burl blanks trying to get this one done. :) The final product came out pretty good. I am giving this one to my cousins wife who did our wedding invitations as a weddng present. I think she will like it.

Next is the last Apollo pen done. I used Tulipwood for this one. I really like working with tulipwood. This one is for my sister. She just got her masters degree and is also a pen collector.

The last pen is also for my sister. It is a cigar made with a deep purple Inlace Acrylester blank. At least I think that is what I used. :)
This was not too bad to turn. Crank the speed up on the lathe and take light cuts. The picture does not do it justice however.

Enjoy!

Paul

Attachments

• wedding_white_apollo_small.jpg
    wedding_white_apollo_small.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 182
  • purple_maple_burl__apollo_small.jpg
    purple_maple_burl__apollo_small.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 161
  • tulipwood_apollo_small.jpg
    tulipwood_apollo_small.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 153
  • purple_cigar_small.jpg
    purple_cigar_small.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 159
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Finatic

Nice Work. I enjoy turning the Apollo, I just wish the postable end was metal. Otherwise the pen has a nice feel.
Good luck with your wedding. Nothing like being married!

Top Bottom