A couple of 50 year old drum badges

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jjartwood

Jjartwood

I have built inlay kits of guitars,piano's,violins,etc. but I am a drum player and I have found no good kits for drummers.
While at a drum show I found these two (actually found others but have not built pens for them yet) vintage drum badges.
The badges are placed over a carbon fiber looking material on the top and the bottom of the pen reflect the different finishes I've had on my drum sets in the past. They will probably never sell but I like them so I won't be heart broken if I have to keep them:)
Thanks for looking
Mark.
C&C welcome

Attachments

• IMG_1956.jpg
    IMG_1956.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1957.jpg
    IMG_1957.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_1959.jpg
    IMG_1959.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_1960.jpg
    IMG_1960.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_1962.jpg
    IMG_1962.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 177
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

eupher58

Has anyone ever thought of taking broken drum sticks and making a pen? Possibly from your favorite band?

Yes....tried to use a nylon tipped stick for the nib end. It was a cheap chinese stick, and the wood was awful. Did not work well, and have not been inclined to try it with a nice Vic Firth.....

flyitfast

Has anyone ever thought of taking broken drum sticks and making a pen? Possibly from your favorite band?

Haven't tried pens from "sticks" but have made keyrings with old ones.

As a drummer in a past life, I really like these pens with the badges. Great idea with the pearl blanks.

What are the badges for - I'm not familiar with them? One of them seems to be from something in Illinois.

Thanks for showing.
gordon

Top Bottom