Cottonwood Burl Jr. Gents

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from reddwil

reddwil

Snowy messy day here in Georgia, So I fired up the wood stove and made pens. Made these two from some cottonwood burl I picked up in Nebraska last deer season. I know the picture quality stinks, Its the best I can do right Now. Thanks fer lookin

Attachments

• IMG_1910.jpg
    IMG_1910.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 357
  • IMG_1913.jpg
    IMG_1913.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 235
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

hunter-27

Passed Away Aug 14, 2013
In Memoriam
You be leaving my wood alone, ya hear?:mad:
Snowy messy day here in Georgia, So I fired up the wood stove and made pens. Made these two from some cottonwood burl I picked up in Nebraska last deer season. I know the picture quality stinks, Its the best I can do right Now. Thanks fer lookin

Last edited:

JohnU

Great Looking Pens! I picked up a small burl off a fallen cottenwood tree last year while deer hunting in IL. I dried and sliced it into blanks and set it aside, forgetting I even had it until now. I cant believe I forgot after spending about one hour sawing it off with my folding pocket saw. Thanks for sharing!

Gagler

It looks pretty good to me, that wood looks really nice. Like others have said in this thread, I need to get me some cottonwood.

I also like that pen display you have with the antlers - gives me an idea with some of the cutofs I have (I never seem to throw things away, as I might "need" it for another project).

workinforwood

Being in Michigan, cottonwood grows everywhere. It's an ugly and boring wood, just like a plain piece of pine. Soft and wet, messy as can be with all the cotton clogging up the A/C unit and the filter in the car and the branches and leaves blow off every time the wind blows or a rain drop falls. I have never seen one with a Burl on it. The bark can grow nice and thick and carves great, and makes an ok pen. Your Burl pen looks fantastic. I'll have to keep looking for one. I don't know anyone that doesn't want their cottonwood tree leveled!

Top Bottom