Cottonmouth

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from JohnU

JohnU

I finally got around to turning one of the new Cottonmouth snake skin blanks I've been casting. I really like the colors and pattern these new ones show off. Just a little different. Some are darker than others. This one is on a black ti & ti Gold elegant sierra. My wife claimed this one. Guess I'll have to turn another. lol

Attachments

• cottonmouth.jpg
    cottonmouth.jpg
    482.1 KB · Views: 352
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

A Glorious Pen, John.
Fantastic Blank, Superbly Mounted onto the Ideal Kit.
Perfect Harmony, Fit and Finish.
I can see why you Lost this One.
Congratulations,
Brian.

JohnU

Thanks All! I love preserving mother natures beauties in pens. She does all the hard work. My part is easy! lol

John,
Where did you get the Cottonmouth? Was it a real pit viper or one of the look-a-like water snakes? Which ever, it looks great, good job.

Ben

This is the real deal (pit viper - Cottonmouth aka Water Moccasin). I've read where they can be confused with the brown water snake. The problem with Cottonmouths are, as they get older they get very dark in color. The younger snakes have the best color but they are very short so you don't get many blanks from them. My skins come from the Southern US area. I'll occasionally pick up a local snake after its dead but I wont kill them for pen blanks. I don't have to worry about being bitten by a dead one!

stonepecker

Beautiful John!!!! I really love the colors and patterns in these! Why is it that the most dangerous snakes are often the prettiest? :confused:

Dawn, I had the same thought about women. :eek:
Why are the most dangerous ones the prettiest? :biggrin:

Beautiful pen John. You excel at these blanks in more ways then one.

Top Bottom