Cosed End Red Coolibah Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithbyrd

keithbyrd

I really like the way this burl turned out - probably 15 coats of CA, beall buffed, Hut polished!
C&C welcome

Attachments

• TBR0034-0214 4.jpg
    TBR0034-0214 4.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 275
  • TBR0034-0214 7.jpg
    TBR0034-0214 7.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 193
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tgsean

That is a great pen, like the timber, fit and finish. It has a nice Satin look to it. Is that from the beall buffing?

keithbyrd

When I get home tonight I am going to have to look at it again! I din't think it had a satin finish! It wasn't meant to be - but it certainly looks that way in the pics!

BigShed

I double checked - the pen is definitely glossy! Not sure why it has that satin look in the photo!

Great looking pen.

Keith, did you photograph this in one of those white nylon tents?

If so you will find it is caused by the texture of the nylon being reflected in your glossy pen.

Now this is just a suggestion, but I reckon that pen is just crying out for a custom finial of the same timber replacing the "bling" finial.

keithbyrd

I double checked - the pen is definitely glossy! Not sure why it has that satin look in the photo!

Great looking pen.

Keith, did you photograph this in one of those white nylon tents?

If so you will find it is caused by the texture of the nylon being reflected in your glossy pen.

Now this is just a suggestion, but I reckon that pen is just crying out for a custom finial of the same timber replacing the "bling" finial.

Yes I did use a white tent- will have to test the impact by redoing the photos!
Finial - I agree - it is a matter of time - I am trying to get ready for an event this weekend and a finial was in the plans and in the hurry up of getting things done I forgot - so I am going to try to squeeze it back into the schedule!

Top Bottom