Corrugata Burl on a Wall Street II

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made early this A.M. It's a Corrugata Burl on an Elegant Titanium Gold Wall Street II Click Pen. The Corrugata Burl was a complimentary blank from Dawn and Ed at Exotic Blanks. I have not made many click pens but with Christmas coming, I started. It seems college students, friends of my son and others seem to have problems keeping up with two halves of a pen:rolleyes:. Comments welcomed but most of all thanks for looking! Doc:)

Attachments

• Corrugata Burl Wood on Elegant Wall Street II.jpg
    Corrugata Burl Wood on Elegant Wall Street II.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 306
  • Corrugata Burl Wood on Elegant Wall Street II_1.jpg
    Corrugata Burl Wood on Elegant Wall Street II_1.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Excellent use of that nice burl, Doc!!!

What finish did you use? If it is CA, how did you manage to keep the "flashback" from showing up on your pic?

Keep up the great work!!! "A pen a day keeps stress away!!"

Thanks for showing!!

Dawn & Ed

mrburls

Beautiful looking pen Doc. You don't see much use of corrugata burl but it is a beautiful burl. Got a few pieces myself I haven't used yet.

Keith "mrburls"

ctubbs

Doc, the green eyes are effecting my vision again today. Every morning you come up with another, then another, then another add infintum fantastic pen. I keep promissing myself that I will quit reading your post, but I just can't keep from looking to see just what kind of magic you pulled off today. What can I say WOW!
Charles

wizard

Excellent use of that nice burl, Doc!!!

What finish did you use? If it is CA, how did you manage to keep the "flashback" from showing up on your pic?

Keep up the great work!!! "A pen a day keeps stress away!!"

Thanks for showing!!

Dawn & Ed

Ed and Dawn,
Thank you for the kind compliment and for the beautiful blank! I minimize "flashback" by first, not using a ring flash on my macro lens. Second, I use a light box with illumination coming from above and behind the pen so the light reflects of the surface in a lateral fashion. The light source I use is a medical light box which puts out diffuse lighting at 10,000 lux with a 5000 degree wavelength. I will post my photography set up on this thread in a little while. If I understood the meaning of "flashback" correctly, I hope that answers your question.
Regards, Doc

wizard

Doc, the green eyes are effecting my vision again today. Every morning you come up with another, then another, then another add infintum fantastic pen. I keep promissing myself that I will quit reading your post, but I just can't keep from looking to see just what kind of magic you pulled off today. What can I say WOW!
Charles

Charles,
Once again, thank you for your kind remarks and encouragement. Please don't stop looking at my posts.:eek: I enjoy you feedback and particularly your sense of humor!:wink: Regards, Doc:)

Top Bottom