Corncob believer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Neededwill

Neededwill

So here a my first 2 attempts with a 7mm corncob pen. I had to try it myself after seeing one online and I have already had 9 people ask me to make them one. They really liked how you can partially see the middle core of the corncob. I was disappointed it was there but that is what can happen when doing 7mm sizes from what I have heard. I only do 7mm pens since I give most of mine away to veterans.

After hearing the reviews on the core showing it made me feel better and I will be doing more of these.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Your pens look 'real' good.Am I seeing cut kernals? I have not realized it if I have seen that before. May be common. I don't know. Did you make the blanks? Or where did they come from? Thanks for sharing. And thanks for a reply if you would like to.

Neededwill

It was interesting to see that the corn made more of a shaving mess than wood blanks. My son loves the idea of a corn pen, but he asked what is next. I said let me get a little more experience first since I am still a beginner. He ok but I will come up with some ideas. All I could do is laugh.

SDB777

If you ever get a chance, try looking through WalMart near the bird feeding supplies....you'll probably come across some corn cobs packaged as 'squirrel feed'(these are nothing more then dried corn cobs in a bag, and are really cheap)....of course, they won't be stabilized but with the use of thin CA during turning?

You'd have to do some looking at the packages, but I'm sure you can also find some that are small-ish cobs in the packages. And the bigger ones can be fed to the squirrels and birds!

The cob you've done here looks really cool with the darker shades inside the pattern that would surround the kernels! Very cool!!!

Scott (keep them cobs coming) B

Top Bottom