Corn Cob my First

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Gary Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Max

Had to give this a try. Found corn cobs at wallymart is the pet food section---squirrel food---cost about $4.00 for 18 ears. The good part is that it is dryed to less than 12%. It's on a cigar kit finish is Mylands friction polish. I spent the entire day making two of them---lots of little things I am still figuring out.

20041115224939_Corncobpen1.jpg

Hope this pic turns out good

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

WoodChucker

Looks corny, but I like it. [:D]

J/K Gary, I think it looks great, been wanting to try one myself but haven't come across any cobs yet.

R.T.

Gary Max

Being new at turning pens I shelled the corn----cut the ears into 2 1/2 inch peices---per drilled to 7 mm just for soaking purposes--let them soak in hardener for 4 hours-- then three days for drying. I spent about a week messing with them so far. But the squirrels are real happy about getting feed corn off the cob.

jkirkb94

I need to check my local Wally World and see if they have the cobs. I have tried only a couple of times to turn a cob and both times it came out wrong. Thanks to these forums I should have better luck in the future. Nice looking pen! Kirk [8D]

Gary Max

That's kinda the neat part. Since I am new I don't know the rules so I have to figure out a way to make my ideals very simple. Oh when you dry the cobs just let them air dry slowly or they will look like a snake if you try to rush them. I think it was about 4 days---you can feel them get real hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom