Cork segmented pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chuck Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck Key

The wood is segmented but it is the same wood in both segments so the glue line does not show. Also, added some indexing details on the ends of the accent material.

View 1

200764204615_CORK1.jpg

View 2

20076420472_CORK2.jpg

Indexing detail

200764204745_CORK3.jpg

Would be interested in any comments you may have.

Chuckie

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I love something different like this!!![:D]I wasn't sure what you meant about using the indexing till I saw the last pic. They certainly are very small, fine indents. I would love to know what tool you used to make them. Please don't take this as critisism, but did the one at the 8 o'clock position survive? On my old laptop, and a few beers in the hotel pub it looks like the middle peak is gone? If I may make a suggestion, it would be to swap around the blank during sanding as it appears that the trailing edge of the indents are more sanded than the leading edge, but this is only evident on the close up pic.
Very fine detailed work Chuckie, I like it[:D]

Chuck Key

Steven

Absolutely nothing wrong with a little criticism. The indexing was and after thought and if I were to do it again I would used a different material that takes better to drilling. I used a Dremel tool with a 1/8 inch drill bit and just used the very tip of the drill. The irregularity you mentioned was probably due to run out in the drill bit. Also the photo is magnified by about a factor of 8 to 10.

Phil,

Yes, it was done entirely on the lathe.

Appreciate the comments.

Chuckie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom