Corian with a twist

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from randywa

randywa

It took me a while but I finally got the twists and the colors pretty close to what I wanted. I twisted 3 pieces of Corian, 3/16"x1/8", around an 8 mm tube to get the shape before I put them in the mold. The kit is a chrome Diplomat 4. I got the twist idea from Don Ward's (it's virgil) website library. Comment are welcome.

Attachments

• pen 003.jpg
    pen 003.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 256
  • pen 005.jpg
    pen 005.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 371
  • pen 008.jpg
    pen 008.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 199
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randywa

After the strips are cut, pit it in a toaster oven between 300 and 360 for 10 mins. or so. If it gets above 370 the adhesive starts breaking down. I wear a pair of welders gloves to wrap the tube. After you get it twisted you have to hold it until it cools, just a min. or so. If it gets too cool it breaks. If you don't like the way it's twisted put it back in the oven. It will straighten back out. I've heated the same pieces 4 or 5 times without a problem.

randywa

Thanks for the comments. Sreve, this is the other half of the blank. I can't take credit since I feel like I swipe the idea from an article on Don Ward's ( it's virgil) website. I still need to tweak the design a little.

Attachments

• corian twist.jpg
    corian twist.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 108
Top Bottom