Corian Slimline: "Back to the drawing board."

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ghostrider

ghostrider

I started to turn this one to round just to see how the two sides would glue together since I was concerned with not only the light color, but also the swirls.

I messed up the gluing process, and took the clamps off before cure completion, so that brought on even more concerns of a glue line, as well as a possible clash of the swirls.

While my original goal was only to turn it down to round, I got carried away, and kept going. I banged up the tranny on assembly, so I'll have to fix that. I also am debating on if I should try to sand out a small divot, or just leave it as is since it's so small. I'll probably re-sand since I'm disassembling it anyway.

Corian material is saffron.

Thanks for looking.

Any comments and critiques welcome.

Attachments

• Pic1 (Medium).jpg
    Pic1 (Medium).jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 210
  • Pic 2 (Medium).jpg
    Pic 2 (Medium).jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 191
  • Pic 3 (Medium).jpg
    Pic 3 (Medium).jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 164
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ghostrider

+1 on shape. I really like the color too-unusual. Corian is fun to work with, isn't it?
Yes it is. It's very hard, and compared to the acrylics that I've been getting from Buzzzz4, it's not as easy to work, but sooooo durable you feel like you could run a truck over it. It does turn easy too. And the shine! Doesn't even need CA, just polish.

ETA:

About the color. It really just a bad pic set. It's a lot closer to white marble than the yellowish that came out in the pics. I'm still having trouble with the software trying to get the coloring right.

Sorry about the bad pics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom