corian morning after

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jahlg

Status
Not open for further replies.

jahlg

First attempt at this design, so be nice!! Just kidding, all criticism welcome..
Joe

200671804515_morning.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rpasto92

Nice clean lines...I like it. The only comment I have is that I would think the clip should be turned 90 degrees one way or the other. I was actually toying with the idea of segmenting corian myself so thanks for the motivation to get off my rear and get to work.

Ron Mc

Joe,
Boy this couldn't have been easy! It's hard enough with wood so I can't imagine how much time and patients this took.
Well done![;)]

angboy

Originally posted by rpasto92
<br />Nice clean lines...I like it. The only comment I have is that I would think the clip should be turned 90 degrees one way or the other. I was actually toying with the idea of segmenting corian myself so thanks for the motivation to get off my rear and get to work.

I didn't understand this comment, can you explain it? I'm just wanting to know in case it'd be helpful info for any future segmented pens I might try.

Very nice pen- what did you use for the bands that are the parallel ones to the centerband? Is that corian too?

rpasto92

What I mean is if you look at the original Morning After pen by Ron and hold the pen so the clip is facing you the lines look like
( ) ( )
if you hold this pen the same way the lines look like
/ \ / \
Originally posted by angboy
<br />
Originally posted by rpasto92
<br />Nice clean lines...I like it. The only comment I have is that I would think the clip should be turned 90 degrees one way or the other. I was actually toying with the idea of segmenting corian myself so thanks for the motivation to get off my rear and get to work.

I didn't understand this comment, can you explain it? I'm just wanting to know in case it'd be helpful info for any future segmented pens I might try.

Very nice pen- what did you use for the bands that are the parallel ones to the centerband? Is that corian too?

Rojo22

Local Chapter Leader
Cool color comibination! Goes good with the chrome kit, nice looking pen! What is the name of the white plastic stuff you found at the hobby store?

I love the color combination and the segmentins is exceptional, The only comment is a personal one....It seems like a lot of work for a cigar pen, would be best on a Gent or better. It is a much better job than a cigar is worth, IMHO.

jahlg

The white plastic comes in sheets. about 8X12, i think, all different thickness, have found it in gray also, in the model supplies section

jahlg

I agre oobak, but it is my first attempt at this design ad all i had at the time was cigar kits. So i went with what i had, but thanks for the compliments!!!

Ron Mc

I would have do disagree with a cigar not being worth the work. The customer is buying the art that they see before them. Trust me, You can put a segmented blank on a Sierra and sell it for a lot more than you would imagine.
With the work involved this pen can fetch no less than.....e-mail me Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom