Corian Fun

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ocsejd

ocsejd

I know these are simple, but they were really fun to make. I was shocked how nice the darker one really turned out. All comments, good or bad, are welcome!

Attachments

• Corian Trio 1.jpg
    Corian Trio 1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 300
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

G1Pens

All three look very nice.

I like corian for slimlines and comfort pens. It was the first non-wood material I turned. I found it very easy to turn. It makes great pens with no finish (other than sanding) required.

JAZNCARR

Very nice, you can glue bigger pieces. Just using denatured alcohol, ca glue, and a couple of spring clamps and make very nice. Tycoon, sedona and even majestic pens

termitepenman

Slimlines are my favorite pen to turn because you can make so many variations of the kit. Corian is a great material to work with. Those are very nice pens. I like the dark one the best.

Dennis
Sacramento, CA

cwolfs69

love turning Corian. makes great slim lines. and your right , gluing with just denatured alcohol cleaning then medium CA leaves an almost invisible seem. only noticeable if you really know where to look. makes for interesting color combos also. great for segmenting lengthwise.

ocsejd

Thanks everyone for the great comments, they are very helpful to a rookie!! I have no idea what kind or color the Corian is, I bought it in a variety pack. It really turned like a dream and unlike PR, with the solid coloring there was no need to paint the tubes.

Top Bottom