Corian Bakers Dozen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from W.Y.

W.Y.

Had relatives visiting all last week and got no shop time .
Went out in my shop today (Sunday) and tried a few of those corian blanks I got a couple days ago.
I only made thirteen fairly basic ones and made corian center bands for all of them .
W.Y.
335524928.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skye

I have a real love-hate relationship with Corian. I really like the color combinations you've got there.

W.Y.

I have a real love-hate relationship with Corian. I really like the color combinations you've got there.

Yes, I know what you mean. It certainly isn't a pen that I would choose for myself but they are so quick and easy to make and no application of time consuming finishing involved . I just make them as my lowest priced pen for ones on a budjet that cannot afford more $$ for a nice wood one but also want a hand crafted one.

Sometimes it is better to make a little bit of something on a corian pen than a whole lot of nothing on a wood pen if the wood pen is beyond what they want to pay. :wink:. Gotta have all the bases covered at the craft sales :biggrin:

W.Y.

Skye

Tell me about it. I was making bottle stoppers, made some blanks out of corian with a stripe of another color corian. Turned it, polished it up, I was upset. Why? Because I friggin liked it!

W.Y.

Skye.
Your comments gave me inspiration to try it for stoppers .
I went out after lunch and glued up a few pieces and here is the result.

Man . . . that stuff polishes up just like glass.
Yes, for sure , there is a market for this stuff when mixed in with the other ones made with wood or any other turning medium .
Turning is fun . . . fun . . . . fun . . .

W.Y.

335618538.jpg

AnotherView.jpg

Last edited:

Skye

Nice! My segmentation has only been 3 pieces, I'll have to do a nine piece like yours. Looks good!

W.Y.

Hey Jay
Nice work....im scared of corian....

I don't understand . Is there something dangerous about it that I am not aware of. ?
It seems pretty stable to turn and no offensive odor and polishes up like glass without using any chemicals or finishing products. .

W.Y.

Top Bottom