Coral Snake Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bobkeyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobkeyes

I rarely post anything, but follow the posts religiously. Here is something a little unusual you might enjoy seeing. The skin is from a coral snake. I hope you enjoy it.

20066121629_SierraGoldCoralSnake.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

L32

That is my favorite snake skin pen I have seen so far.[:)] I would love to make a snake pen but my wife has an absolute phobia over them

its_virgil

Red next to yellow---kill a fellow
Red next to black---won't hurt Jack

That's a killer pen Bob! Nice job with the casting(if you did it yourself) and with the pen. I just love making these snake skins. I must start searching for a source of other skins besides rattlesnake. Once again, very nice pen.
Do a ood turn daily!
Don
'
Originally posted by bobkeyes
<br />I rarely post anything, but follow the posts religiously. Here is something a little unusual you might enjoy seeing. The skin is from a coral snake. I hope you enjoy it.

bobkeyes

First, thanks for all the compliments. The skin is from a taxidermist friend and came from Texas. Yes, there are coral snakes in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Alabama, and Florida. This one was a "road kill".

Penmonkey, if you need to get rid of the skin I will certainly take it. They are not easy to find.

Thanks again.

Rifleman1776

Bob, I looked up your site, very nice. You should know, I'm the other guy in America who knows where Corbin, KY is. [:p] We own some land not far from you.
Can't add anything to the compliments about the pen. Really unique and beautiful.
One comment said it was "a killer". Wuz that a pun? [;)] Corals is mean critters. I doubt we have them in my part of Arkansas but we do have a harmless snake that strongly resembles the coral.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />Frank,
It is probably the Scarlet King Snake.
Do a good turn daily!
don
Originally posted by Rifleman1776
<br />I doubt we have them in my part of Arkansas but we do have a harmless snake that strongly resembles the coral.

It is the milksnake http://www.snakesofarkansas.com/wiki/Main/LampropeltisTriangulum

Still makes me jump if I see one.

Skye

Originally posted by oobak
<br />it sure doesnt look real, but it does look real awsome!

Reason it probably doesnt look real is that the tube is showing. Normaly that makes for a real bad look, not so shabby on this one though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom