Coral

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dfurlano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

Wonderful pen!!!

Some coral are jewelry grade...so depending on what you used it can be really expensive!!! Don't you think it may be a bit brittle?

dfurlano

Coral is a skeleton composed of calcium carbonate. This is what can happen if you turn stone:

Coral is a pain to turn there is no grain or structure and it is abrasive. This coral was stablized but I still needed a lot of CA to finish it. I bet I spent 6 hours tring to finish it and I just took it apart because I still don't like the finish. This coral was very expensive, the cost is $20 a piece and a piece is 3/4 x 2 1/2 inches. Good coral is expensive. It is not brittle at all to get a reference look at coral jewelry.

punkinn

Dan, Wow!!! Absolutely wonderful!! I'd really like to read an in-depth "article" of how you prepped, turned and finished the coral.

Great Job! <many pats on the back>

Nancy

dfurlano

I call these "desk pens" and tell people they need to be treated with care. If they are dropped on a hard surface there is a good possibility they will be damaged, but that exists with any material including plastic.

Johnathan

OK, I've already said how much I love this pen! Can you tell me where you found a piece of coral to use? Are they available for anyone to buy? Again, I love this pen!

As a musician, I think the backgroud in the picture is wonderful![:D][:D]

rtgleck

That is a fantastic choice for the pen there Dan. Wonderful job for what I can see in the picture. Sounds like you've got some great questions about it as well. Either way nice undertaking and looks like your stepping up to the challenge. Nice work

dfurlano

Thanks Nils. And I want to thank you for getting my order out to me so fast! I received it yesterday and I can tell you I really appreciate getting it so soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom