Copy cat and a gloat...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CaptG

CaptG

Had a lawyer commision a BOW pen for a newly appointed judge. But, he wanted it to be just a little different from any others "like" it that he may want later. I was just looking at some great work from other IAP members who were making custom finials. So I played copy cat and made a Blue Lapis finial. Another reason I got boxes of cutoffs hanging around, lol. The gloat is the background, a fully autographed gift from some of my regular charter fishing customers. Thanks for looking, and all comments appreciated.

Attachments

• judge 002.jpg
    judge 002.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 386
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

akbar24601

That is a great looking pen Gary. Great job on the finial. It's those small details that make all the difference. The judge is going to LOVE it, once he is able to pry it from the lawyers hand. LOL

CaptG

I do, every year. Maybe someday, lol. This year when they left the Battle Creek airport (70-80 miles from my boat) to go to their next show, I got a call from one of the ground crew and he said to be on the back of the boat in 4 minutes, they were rolling down the runway on takeoff. 4 minutes later four of them in a diamond formation with the smoke on came ripping down the channel where I have my boat slip, just high enough to be legal. After they passed the boat, they cut the smoke, went vertical and dissappeared into the sky. After they passed, one of my boat neighbors said, "those jets sure are noisy". My reply, That is the sound of freedom.

alphageek

Former Moderator
That is VERY cool Gary... That like was repeated several times at EAA this year when I got to see the F-22. The announcer would say "And that folks is the sound of freedom"... Of course that single F-22 was probably about as loud as those 4 F-16s.

That is cool that they did a formation for you. I get excited every time there is flyovers at the stadium here. I love to watch the formations.

Rangertrek

Great Pen. Your client will be pleased.

Great story to go with it.
Hard to beat a low level flyby from the Thunderbirds or the Blues.
I am an Air Force brat, many years ago, I got to sit in a Thunderbird just prior to a show at Barksdale AFB. Still one of the thrills of my life (35 years later).:biggrin:

Top Bottom