copperhead snake

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from altaciii

altaciii

No one can really appreciate the delema than one goes through all his life when one is born on December 20th thru the 31st. Only those Capricorns born in the above time frame can relate to the let down one has in his or her early years. Having been born on the 24th in 1952, I have not let this get me down for at least 50 years. Imagine my surprise when a box arrived today from a very exotic place with an order I had placed on the 24th. Enclosed was my order and a goodie from another Capricorn with the same problem I have discussed. The blank turned like butter and polished to a high shine. I used wet micro mesh to 12k and finished off with ren wax twice. Thank you Dawn, it was a great surprise, and you put a great Christmas smile on this 55 year old face. I couldn't wait to turn it. In my book you are much more than a princess, you are a class Queen.

Attachments

• copperheadsierra1.jpg
    copperheadsierra1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 376
  • copperheadsierra2.jpg
    copperheadsierra2.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 332
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GoodTurns

I ordered some copperhead as well, the blanks on the site looked fabulous...had to ante up for the good stuff! Yours look very nice!

bad

Those are great looking pens. I'm hoping to try turning some snake skin pens soon but first I've got to look into the legality of importing snake skin. I've sent an email off to Canada Customs but I'm not getting my hopes up.

THarvey

I hate to break the news to you. But, if you were born in 1952, your face should be 56 years old not 55. :biggrin:

Happy Birthday. :cake:

Beautiful Pen.

el_d

Very nice Alex, Very nice Dawn....

Love that Copperhead. I had one get away from me a couple of weeks ago. But a week later there was a rattler on my porch waiting to greet me when I got home from work. He's in the freezer now.......

Last edited:

PR_Princess

LOL Freddie. If you have go through surgery about that same time too - LMK!

A beautiful pen Alex. You did a wonderful job!!! I am glad that I was able to bring a bit of a smile to your day. :biggrin::cool:

Skye

I'd think that one good thing about a light skin like that is with dark rattler skin the scales tend to pull away from the PR when you use the pen mill on them. So, such a light skin would probably hide any minute light spots caused by the scales pulling away.

amosfella

Those are great looking pens. I'm hoping to try turning some snake skin pens soon but first I've got to look into the legality of importing snake skin. I've sent an email off to Canada Customs but I'm not getting my hopes up.

You can spend hours on the phone with Canada Customs, and not get a straight answer, order something, and it comes through just fine, and the next one is seized. Even thought the first one had tape on it saying that Customs had a look at it. Seems to depend which agent on which day. Most snakeskins are just fine, unless they're listed on the CITES treaty.

bad

You can spend hours on the phone with Canada Customs, and not get a straight answer, order something, and it comes through just fine, and the next one is seized. Even thought the first one had tape on it saying that Customs had a look at it. Seems to depend which agent on which day. Most snakeskins are just fine, unless they're listed on the CITES treaty.

Actually I did get a fairly straight answer. I contacted them by email (through their website) and got a reply in writting that said basically what you just told me, it's ok as long as their not on the CITES list.
By the way, I work for the Calgary Health Region and go to Vulcan on a regular basis. Usually about twice a year. If you want I can send you a PM when I'm going there next and if you want to meet me at the hospital on my break, I'll buy you a coffee. Just be careful though - it'll be hospital coffee :)

Top Bottom