Copperhead fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jsolie

jsolie

I was finally able to get my hands on a copperhead snake blank. This fountain pen is the result. The pen hardware is a Jr. Gent II in rhodium with a Heritance fine nib. Micro-Mesh to 12,000 and then Hut's Ultra Gloss. It's currently inked with Noodler's Black. Sorry for the funky angle in the shots (especially the third one), I was trying to fit the whole pen in frame on my cell phone.

IMG_1503-L.jpg

IMG_1504-L.jpg

IMG_1498-L.jpg

The really sad thing... the pen slipped from my hand last night and landed on a hard floor. :mad::mad::mad: For my clumsiness, I now have a fracture in the body towards the posting end of the pen. I can't feel it with my fingernail, so we'll just have to see what happens with it. Fortunately I took these pics beforehand.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sataro

Very nice loking pen! I know the feeling. Just finish pressing the fittings in & drop it. Ouch...hate that...

jsolie

Thanks, everyone. I dropped the pen when my wife and I were out to dinner and smacked down on hard concrete floor.

Harry, if I could catch an edge of the fracture with my fingernail I'd be able to get some thin CA in there, but there's nothing on the outside.

JohnU

I love the fountain pen and copperheads are not easy to come by. I know how I feel about my copperhead pen and wont leave it where anyone can run off with it. PM me your mailing address. I'll be casting some snake skins very soon and I may have enough copperhead to cast you a lower, free to a good home. :)

To put CA in the crack might be possible but in my experience, fixing a diamondback blank, I had to disassemble the end and apply the thin ca to the end of the tube and not along the length. It just didn't wick down the crack far enough.

Last edited:

BigE

Nice work, and that sucks about the crack.

Was this a PR or Alumilite blank? I suspect PR since it cracked.

plano_harry

I love the fountain pen and copperheads are not easy to come by. I know how I feel about my copperhead pen and wont leave it where anyone can run off with it. PM me your mailing address. I'll be casting some snake skins very soon and I may have enough copperhead to cast you a lower, free to a good home. :)

To put CA in the crack might be possible but in my experience, fixing a diamondback blank, I had to disassemble the end and apply the thin ca to the end of the tube and not along the length. It just didn't wick down the crack far enough.

Yes, I would not attempt a repair without removing the hardware and doing a full refinish. I went after both the surface crack and any entry on the end of the tube.

Top Bottom