Copperhead

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from BKelley

BKelley

I have been reading with great interest the recent post on prepping snake skins, how to, what to do and what not to do. I got this Copperhead from the lady who shot it. Kept it frozen until I had digested as much info on what to do with it as I could find. I skinned it, removed all meat & fatty tissue and soaked it in the denatured alcohol and glycerin mix for five days. Washed it with dish detergent, rinsed, stretched and dried. For my first try I was happy with the results. Thanks to all who shared their knowledge on snake skins. As usual, comments are always welcome.

Ben

Attachments

• copperhead.jpg
    copperhead.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 293
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Racer3770

Wow! I need to learn how to do this. That looks incredible. What did you end up using to glue it to the tube?

eranox

Son of a bee! That's some fine work. I realize that this isn't the place for this, but I've read all the snakeskin prep stuff, and mine just won't come out right. Do you use pressure, vacuum, or neither? What kind of glue did you use to glue the skin to the tube? Did you coat the skin (with Mod Podge, etc) before you cast it? I assume you removed the scale casings before casting.

I'm green with envy. That's one handsome pen!

Top Bottom