Copper in toto

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Finished it this A.M. It's from a 1" diameter copper rod. Thought would have some fun....make it all match...has copper plated clip. Took a polished Bock nib, etched it and applied heavy copper plate. Surface of pen was air brushed/blasted with Al Oxide, etched and then applied 3 heavy coats of clear metal lacquer. Thanks for looking! Have a great day! Doc:)

Attachments

• Copper in toto.jpg
    Copper in toto.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 256
  • Copper in toto_1.jpg
    Copper in toto_1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 204
  • Copper in toto_2.jpg
    Copper in toto_2.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 201
  • Copper in toto_3.jpg
    Copper in toto_3.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 211
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mmyshrall

Finished it this A.M. It's from a 1" diameter copper rod. Thought would have some fun....make it all match...has copper plated clip. Took a polished Bock nib, etched it and applied heavy copper plate. Surface of pen was air brushed/blasted with Al Oxide, etched and then applied 3 heavy coats of clear metal lacquer. Thanks for looking! Have a great day! Doc:)

Wonderful looking pen, Doc! I am sure your patient will love receiving it. Do you mind sharing where you are getting your metal stock from? I have looked both locally and on-line and either the prices are above what I would like to pay or the quantity is more than I need to purchase.

Michael

MarkD

OK, I take back my "what no copper nib" comment from your previous copper pen.
Another outstanding pen! They just keep getting better!

Brooks803

Beautiful pen Doc!

Did the copper plating cause any I'll effects in how the nib performs?

I've been wanting to make an all copper pen for a year. Now that I've seen one...I really want to try it. I want to do some controlled patina on mine before sealing it.

Top Bottom