Copper Sleeve Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Cwalker935

Cwalker935

I think the copper sleeve casting goes well with the black cigar.

image.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Great Pen, Cody.
Love the Copper Mesh, and Black Cigar.
Excellent Fit and Finish,
I don't know if my eye's are playing tricks, or if it is reflection, but it looks like there is a black line in the Blanks, where they touch the Nose Cone, Center Band, and Clip.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Cwalker935

Sharp eye Brian, it's not a black line but I have not perfected a technique for trimming the copper up to the tube end and the ends are a little raised so you are seeing a slight change in the angle of the copper. It is more apparent in the photo than to the naked eye. I have a new idea for trimming that will hopefully keep the trimmed ends flush with the tube.

OZturner

Sharp eye Brian, it's not a black line but I have not perfected a technique for trimming the copper up to the tube end and the ends are a little raised so you are seeing a slight change in the angle of the copper. It is more apparent in the photo than to the naked eye. I have a new idea for trimming that will hopefully keep the trimmed ends flush with the tube.

Cody, I haven't made any Mesh Blanks as yet, But I do have the materials, and from something I saw or read I was led to obtain a pair of Curved Blade Scissors, I believe they allow you to present a cutting edge close to the object for Trimming, after gluing.
As I mentioned I can't speak from experience, as I have none, but I mention it for what ever it is worth to you.
Regards,
Brian.

Top Bottom