Copper & Silver/gray slim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ToddMR

ToddMR

I made this blank Thursday night. As we poured the copper PR into the mold, my wife says; "We are out of catalyst." I was like DOH! So my buddy Larry saved us and gave us some more. By the time we got back the little section had started curing. So we continued with the pour. I made this blank 12" long so I would have 2 blanks when I was done. As I was rounding it two hunks in the middle popped off. By the time I got it rounded with the chipped part gone it was smaller. Do I decided to turn a slime out of it. I first placed the clip where the solid copper part and the silver/gray area met. Then I decided I liked it better with the silver clip going through the middle of the copper section to help break it up. I am happy with how this turned out. I gave Larry the other blank yesterday. This is one I will be redoing since I have catalyst to do the entire pour, and will be able to have the colors swirled in the entire blank. Its so much more satisfying turning a pen when I am using a blank I made. Let me know what you all think. Comments and critiques welcomed.

copper&silverslim.jpg copper&silverslim-a.jpg copper&silverslim-b.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom