Copper Samsara

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dpstudios

dpstudios

I have a buddy who makes copper jewelry and asked me to make him a copper pen. Here is my feeble attempt at it. Got the idea for it out of the library here.Enjoy.

Attachments

• samsara_copper 1-19_opt.jpg
    samsara_copper 1-19_opt.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 233
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

When you post a pen you have to give some details. Your photo is washed out and hard to tell what it is made of. What is the blank material?? What did you have to do to get to the finished stage?? Does it have a top coat?? Love to read more. :):)

dpstudios

Thank you Jim. And John, I wrapped 12ga. copper wire around the tube and filled any gaps with silver solder. Turned with a carbide tool, dry sanded to 5000g and then applied 5 coats of lacquer. Buffed on my new Beal buffing system (where have you been all my life).
Here is the link to the library article that inspired me. http://content.penturners.org/library/pen_blanks/copperpen.pdf

jttheclockman

Thank you Jim. And John, I wrapped 12ga. copper wire around the tube and filled any gaps with silver solder. Turned with a carbide tool, dry sanded to 5000g and then applied 5 coats of lacquer. Buffed on my new Beal buffing system (where have you been all my life).
Here is the link to the library article that inspired me. http://content.penturners.org/library/pen_blanks/copperpen.pdf

That helps Dan. Looks good. Some people use copper rod and some use copper mesh when making copper pens too. Maybe something to try in the future. :):) Also seen someone use copper pennies and copper washers. :):)

I am working on one that use copper wire also but a different design. Hope I can get it mastered. The problem is after I do one design I think of other things I can do with it and want to incorporate it also. It is on the drafting table

Last edited:
Top Bottom