Copper Retro Jr.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Trux

Trux

Copper Retro Jr. with Brazilian Ebony- the ebony will darken up even more over time.
pens2010123.jpg

pens2010124.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jskeen

beautiful combo, love the copper segment with the copper kit. Did you plan the segment to show a circle, or was that just a random angle for the knot? Either way it turned out very cool.

jttheclockman

Nice job on the pen and the knot looks good. What did you use to cut the slots??? It looks very thin. How thin??? Thanks for showing.

Trux

John- I used my bandsaw with a very small multi-tooth blade. The copper flashing is .10" thick.

LeeR

Did you cut the copper roughly to size, and use CA to glue up the segments? Also, did you sand or grind the copper even with the blanks prior to turning? Please tell us anything special you did, although I know copper is pretty soft, and I suspect can be turned similar to brass.

Inquiring minds want to know!

Trux

Lee-The copper was glued in with CA. I would make a cut in the blank, glue in a piece of copper- let the glue dry and sand it flush with the blank and then make another cut glue ing a piece until I had all four sides complete. I then turned it as normal-just don't check for smoothness with the piece running-you may find a sharp spot. Once I had the blank reduced some I checked for any voids between the metal and the blank and filled them with CA.

Top Bottom