Copper Phase

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from 08K.80

08K.80

I finished the pen with the Phase blank I posted.

There isn't any sun, so I tried a light box based loosely on the tutorial I read.

That didn't do much good for me, I still can't capture the colors. The color changes from a purple-blue-teal and it runs all through the blank. It shows mostly toward the nib in the pictures, I think it's because of the shape and the light, but it goes all they way to the finial.

I put it on a copper sierra... I have a friend that likes copper and this seemed fitting.

3_zps56492053.jpg

2_zps47efccdc.jpg

1_zpsed200e95.jpg

And a closer shot of the blank showing the purple.
4_zps99722728.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Kelly, I do not know what you can do to capture in a Photograph, all the colours and textural inflections that your blank exhibits when it is rotated around numerous axis.
It is much like an Oil Spill, where you have to move to different positions to observe the breadth of colours and layers it possess.
Your Blank, on the Copper Sierra is Glorious
Congratulations,
Brian.

08K.80

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate everyone here and I wouldn't have continued this craft if it wasn't for the great people here and the encouragement.
Because of all of you, I have people asking me for a pen.

I have some other casts to get finished first, but I plan to cast more of these... maybe not this specific combination, but I have some other ideas and other colors that Phase.

Watch for the other Phase colors. :wink::)

08K.80

I have spent more time looking at this pen than actually writing with it. Watching the colors is mesmerizing.
I had a few people wanting to buy it and I kept telling them it is mine. Just kidding around one day, I said you couldn't afford this pen, I won't ever sell it. This started a bidding war and in short, I sold it. It sold for $175.00 and I shined it up, boxed it, and hand delivered it today.:frown:

Ambidex

Thank you for the kind words. I appreciate everyone here and I wouldn't have continued this craft if it wasn't for the great people here and the encouragement.
Because of all of you, I have people asking me for a pen.

I have some other casts to get finished first, but I plan to cast more of these... maybe not this specific combination, but I have some other ideas and other colors that Phase.

Watch for the other Phase colors. :wink::)

when you do keep some of us in mind??:wink::wink:

OZturner

I have spent more time looking at this pen than actually writing with it. Watching the colors is mesmerizing.
I had a few people wanting to buy it and I kept telling them it is mine. Just kidding around one day, I said you couldn't afford this pen, I won't ever sell it. This started a bidding war and in short, I sold it. It sold for $175.00 and I shined it up, boxed it, and hand delivered it today.:frown:

Oh how Sweet it is!
Congratulations,
Brian.

08K.80

Sorry George, I had a post a week or so ago. I needed to use up the remainder of my resin and they are all spoken for.:redface:

Thank you Brian and Dan.:wink:

Top Bottom