Copper kits are tough to match up sometimes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from brailsmt

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OZturner

Very Nice Pen Michael.
Thank you for using the Close Up function.
Great Choice of Blank for the Copper Pen.
Nicely Finished, while the Nib Transition is Terrific, the Clip Transition appears that it could have been taken down a little more.
Congratulations,
Brian.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I will agree that it is a tough plating to match well. But when the combination is there - it is magic.

Yours is one of those. :good:

brailsmt

Very Nice Pen Michael.
Nicely Finished, while the Nib Transition is Terrific, the Clip Transition appears that it could have been taken down a little more.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Yeah, the fitment of the top portion of the pen is...less than desirable. However, I like the blue and tan and how they pair with the copper. I'm still working on fit, this one is at least acceptable to me, but is not perfect which I strive for with every pen. This far, I manage one side or the other being a great/perfect fit, but not both. It'll happen eventually, and it'll be magical. :)

OZturner

Very Nice Pen Michael.
Congratulations,
Brian.

Yeah, the fitment of the top portion of the pen is...less than desirable. However, I like the blue and tan and how they pair with the copper. I'm still working on fit, this one is at least acceptable to me, but is not perfect which I strive for with every pen. This far, I manage one side or the other being a great/perfect fit, but not both. It'll happen eventually, and it'll be magical. :)

Some people have trouble with getting the correct Transition Diameter down when turning to their Favoured Hand, i.e. a Right Handed person turning to the Right Handed section of the Blank.

In tight situations, it is like your right arm and chest, gets in the way of your getting your head and eye's over the cutting edge.
It takes a lot of practice to get the right muscle memory, and correct body position.

Another way, and one that I adopted several years ago, was to deliberately change my "Preferred Hand", and turn both Left and Right Handed.
Then the Cramping and Congestion wasn't an issue.

No I was not Ambidextrous, but I taught myself to be so, for Wood Turning.
I am still useless with my Left Hand when Sawing, Nailing, and most other manual functions.
The Key is Practice, Practice and Practice.
Regards,
Brian.

greenacres2

Close to a Jr, Bear Tooth Woods has the Baron rollerball and fountain in both bright and satin copper plating.

I really like the look of that satin copper Baron. Interesting--i think that's a Berea kit but i didn't see either bright or satin copper on the Berea site--maybe a Bear Tooth exclusive?? Sedona doesn't seem to come in copper either.
earl

Top Bottom