Copper corian creekline

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from alinc100

alinc100

Hi All,
Finished this one up today.It is a Creekline assembled from copper flat stock and blackberry ice Corian.A friend brought me a few pieces of Corian scrap and after a couple failed segmenting attempts I came up with a complete pen.I had to scavenge parts from a slimline to add the copper hardware,hence the turned down top.I had originally intended to use a black chrome hardware kit but as I went to put it together I thought it needed more bling.The center band is turned from a copper coupler found in the plumbing dept. at Lowe's.
IMG_0219edit.jpg

IMG_0230edit.jpg

IMG_0240edit.jpg
Comment and critiques welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alinc100

It's a nice pen, nicely done - but I don't think it's a Creekline.

Smitty,
I would guess you are more right than I am.This pen started out as a Creekline with black chrome hardware and ended up with slimline copper hardware on the ends.At first thought I was believing the black hardware was gonna be a good fit but ended up with more bling.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
LoL

It's a nice pen, nicely done - but I don't think it's a Creekline.

Smitty,
I would guess you are more right than I am.This pen started out as a Creekline with black chrome hardware and ended up with slimline copper hardware on the ends.At first thought I was believing the black hardware was gonna be a good fit but ended up with more bling.
Well the only thing that separates a black Chrome Creekline from a copper slimline is the centerband (like a streamline) the cap & clip (like a Euro) and the plating on the tip.....the tubes and twist mechanism were already the same.

Puts me to mind of when my wife was much younger - and would find a recipe for something using ham, beans and tomatoes and make it using beef, peas and peppers and call it the same name:biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom