Copper Cigar dressed in Black and Gold Corian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Band Saw Box

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
I used 2 pieces of 1/2" Corian glued together with thin CA. The gold in the blank has some open areas around them..I blanked painted the blank silver so the brass tubes would not show through...this gave a really neat effect filling in the open areas around the gold. I wet sanded the blank to 12000 MM and polished with Hut plastic polished. Evelyn paired the blank with the copper kit. All C & C are welcome

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 106
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Very nice indeed !!! .. I like the novel shaping in the center ... was that part hard to polish ?

Did you have to laminate Corian to get the thickness you needed ? ... CA glue for laminating ?

Last edited:

Charlie_W

Dan, very very nice job on the tooling! You have progressed so far in just a couple of years! Fit and finish are spot on too!

Evelyn, great match up with the copper cigar!

My Wonderful Wifey helps me with mating blanks with components too :)
We are lucky guys for sure!

magpens

Very nice indeed !!! .. I like the novel shaping in the center ... was that part hard to polish ?

Did you have to laminate Corian to get the thickness you needed ? ... CA glue for laminating ?
His 1st sentence answers these questions!

Sorry, Mack !! .. :redface::rolleyes: ... I was so mesmerized by the pen, I forgot to read the text !!! . I have a "thing" about cigar pens, as you may recall !! :biggrin:

Top Bottom