Copper Cigar in a double arrow/ flame tip Zebrawood blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Band Saw Box

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Hello All
A good friend requested a pen. She requested a fatter pen with a blank I had that was dark with darker stripes in it. I knew a cigar kit would fit one part and a zebrawood blank would complete it. Evelyn picked out the copper cigar kit and the blank from three zebrawood blanks I had. When I got the shape close to what I wanted I stopped the lathe and noticed the blank it had some strange shapes. I turned the lower blank and lined things up. The blanks as what I think look like arrow or maybe flame tips pointing to the center of the blank for the clip and nob ends and 180 deg. apart. I think it kind of neat and maybe a one in a million effect. The finish is WTF. I hope Evelyn's friend like the pen and she should after all it is a Band Saw Box original.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 201
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Band Saw Box

Passed Away Dec 8, 2021
In Memoriam
Thanks Charlie, Marnat3 and Harry for the nice comments. Marnat3 I glad that my work is inspiring you. Harry the more I look at the pen the more I like it, this pen will ne a bit hard to part with.

OZturner

Excellent Pen Dan
Like opening a Christmas present to find something you weren't expecting in the Blank.
Fantastic Blank, Fit and Finish.
Thanks for Sharing it.
Brian.

Top Bottom