Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gwilki

gwilki

Black chrome Sierra kit.

200821011541_DSC_0237.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gwilki

Thanks, guys.

Tim: Yup. I wrapped black-coated, solid core copper wire around the tube, then covered the whole thing in CA glue. I made up some delrin pegs that fit into the tube and were the same outside diameter as the tube, so that I could start the wrap and end the wrap off the tube. Once the CA had hardened, I took the pegs out and squared off the ends. Then I just turned it between centres with a sharp skew. That took the black off the surface, but left it between the coils. Then 4 coats of poly, sanding and buffing. I thought that it was a fun look. I wouldn't do it with a more sophisticated kit.

I've done another one with bare wire, on a Sierra click, black titanium. I think that it looks classier.

gwilki

Thanks to you all.

Karl: I tried one without the pegs, and it just didn't work out. I drilled a transverse hold in the pegs. I start by sticking the end of the wire in one of the holes. That way, I have a solid fixed point to pull the wire tight against. When I get to the other end, I do the same thing. Then with a slight twist of one of the pegs, it really tightens up the wind.

Top Bottom