Copper Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ve3bax

ve3bax

Good Morning Folks,

I turned this one earlier last week.. finally getting around to processing and posting some photos.

The wood is Australian Apricot I bought from a member in the classifieds AGES ago... finally got around to turning one of the blanks. It turns easily and it smelled somewhat fruity when I drilled it. always nice :biggrin:

I chose the copper baron and I think the copper colour complements the wood nicely. The one thing I am looking for though is a new nib for this... the kit nib writes fine (and they sure can take some abuse!) but I think a rose gold nib would probably look better... if I can find one! Until I find one it will probably stay with the kit nib.

Attachments

• Apricot_Barron 1.jpg
    Apricot_Barron 1.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 271
  • Apricot_Barron 2.jpg
    Apricot_Barron 2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 210
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

trevorh

Nice pen

The pen looks great and the pleasant smell is sure a nice alternative to some of the other smells we encounter while building pens. I drilled a cherry pit blank the other day purchased from one of the members here and much to my suprise it emitted a very pleasant cherry odor when I drilled it!

robutacion

Good Morning Folks,

I turned this one earlier last week.. finally getting around to processing and posting some photos.

The wood is Australian Apricot I bought from a member in the classifieds AGES ago... finally got around to turning one of the blanks. It turns easily and it smelled somewhat fruity when I drilled it. always nice :biggrin:

I chose the copper baron and I think the copper colour complements the wood nicely. The one thing I am looking for though is a new nib for this... the kit nib writes fine (and they sure can take some abuse!) but I think a rose gold nib would probably look better... if I can find one! Until I find one it will probably stay with the kit nib.

Absolutely stunning, mate...!:wink:

I believe, this is actually the first pen I seen made, with one of those blanks and it come out every bit of what I was expecting...!:biggrin:

Yes, most fruit tree woods have a pleasant flagrance when worked with, one other interesting aspect of these type woods is that, they should task also OK as, every time I'm ripping some on the bandsaw, my dogs seat beside me until they get a piece to go and chew up and eat it...!:eek:

While they enjoy to chew and play with any bits of wood from the bandsaw left overs, they seem to be able to recognize the ones that taste bad, most of the times, the ones that don't smell too good when worked with/cut, not touching them at all...!

I know that fruit trees have a suit sap, and who when a kid didn't pull those "jelly" sacs of resin/sap growing on many fruit trees and chew them as chewing gum...??? they good to make paper glue also....!!!:eek::eek::eek::wink::)

Cheers
George

Top Bottom