Coolibah Burl Cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from thetalbott4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thetalbott4

I'll go ahead and include a pic this time. Makes things easier on everybody.

200512186739_Colibah%20Burl%20Cigar%20800PIX.jpg
<br />

angboy

I like the pen, but I wonder if maybe a satin gold might not look nice with this wood. Like other people have mentioned, I also really like the platings other than gold, but since the wood has some yellowish/goldish tints to it, I think a satin gold would look nice, and it's still not standard gold and is a little unique. I also wonder if a shiny or satin copper wouldn't look nice...

thetalbott4

Angboy-
I never thought about the satin gold. I'll have to get some kits and try it. Copper wouldnt be bad either. I havent gotten around to trying any of them, but they are sharp looking. Any idea how the platings hold up?

angboy

Originally posted by thetalbott4
<br />Angboy-
I never thought about the satin gold. I'll have to get some kits and try it. Copper wouldnt be bad either. I havent gotten around to trying any of them, but they are sharp looking. Any idea how the platings hold up?

I haven't been making pens long enough to really know about how they hold up, and a lot of the ones I've made aren't being written with because I just can't stand to use them! I haven't really gotten feedback on the way they hold up from the people who have ones I've given away...

But, I know that Ernie from BearToothWoods did a write up on the copper platings when those were first offered through him. I did a search and can't find it (I seem to have a handicap when it comes to searching for old posts), but I think the result was that they were better than the gold. Maybe someone else could find that old post...

PenTurnerJohn

I've bought the copper kits [both shiny and satin] from Ernie and they look great. I've not had them long enough to offer a use report but I remember Ernie saying his father [or father-in-law] had used them and they lasted much better than gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom