cooler weather = snakes

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

We had a cold front pass through Texas over the weekend and these snakes slithered off my lathe. Lighter wood is madrone burl and the darker is angle cut mesquite. Comments welcome, good, bad, or indifferent.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

2006724185115_SNAKE%20SLIMS%202%2072406.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey, Don!!

Are they actually grey?

Nice look, different species? (I know nothing about rattlers and don't care to meet any, thank-you----but I do like to make unusual pens!)

its_virgil

Hello Ed,
No, they are not actually grey. Don't know what happened. I replaced the picture. The skins actually have a greenish color to them. There are darker and lighter skins. I like them both. Thanks for looking and commenting.

Jim15: Thanks! I've changed the picture to reflect a more correct color of the skins. don't know what happened.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />Hey, Don!!

Are they actually grey?

Nice look, different species? (I know nothing about rattlers and don't care to meet any, thank-you----but I do like to make unusual pens!)

its_virgil

Thanks jerryr...thanks for looking and commenting.

Thanks also Kenneth. How is the weather in bonnie Scotland? You've been having some heat also, haven't you?

Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by gerryr
<br />Great work Don. They are both excellent.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Sorry Don!!

I was NOT trying to criticize your photography, just educate myself on the various slithering possibilities.

No offense meant! Thanks for the update.

its_virgil

No offense taken, Ed...none at all. I'm actually glad you mentioned it...the real color is much nicer than the gray tone. I don't really know what happened to make the color shift to gray. I took three pictures and two were gray skins, but better pictures and this third one was better skin coloring, but not as good a picture. I need to check the settings and see if I can figure out what happened. Thanks again for looking and commenting.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />Sorry Don!!

I was NOT trying to criticize your photography, just educate myself on the various slithering possibilities.

No offense meant! Thanks for the update.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Don,

I agree with the majority in that these are beautiful pens. I did not think I would like a combination of snakeskin and wood in a pen, but you instantly proved my thoughts to be way off base! Check Anthony's post above, and add a big ditto on the cap.

its_virgil

Anthony and William: Glad you like the wood and skin combo. For some reason, the all skin slimline just does nothing for me. On larger pens all skin looks good. But just think Anthony, how many pens and policies you will need to sell to ... you can turn lots of pens then![:D] That's kind of a catchy name: Pens and Policies by Turchetta

Chris and Roy: Warm is a good way to describe the look. Thanks.[;)]

Billy: Glad you like it. They are fun to make.

Christian and Corey: Thanks, and the slivering takes about 3 hours for these 6 sets of tubes to just get them cast.

George: Thanks also...

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Good job, nice change on the cap. Glad someone is getting some work done [:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom