Cool Box Elder Burl

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from brownsfn2

brownsfn2

I got some Box Elder Burl from Mr. Burls recently and I really like them so I thought I would post them. The colors looked really cool when done. I have about 20 coats of thin CA, micromesh, polish, and buffed. They are certainly fun to make and I can't stop looking at them. Thanks for looking!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

Thanks Harry. Kind words.

If anyone has any critique as well I would be happy to hear it. I am always looking for ways to improve. :)

mrburls

Man those turned out really nice Ron. I especially like the green B.E.B. or was it the double dyed green/black ? I'm thinking about having somemore dyed but in double dyed colors.

Keith "mrburls"

KnB Polymers

Those look great! My favorite is the green also.

"If anyone has any critique as well I would be happy to hear it. I am always looking for ways to improve. :) "

Can't see you getting any of that! They're nice.

Ron - A couple of really nice pens. I, too, like the box elder burls. Who knew a "weed tree" could produce such cool wood? And your finishing skills are first rate. Well done!

brownsfn2

Thanks again for all the kind words.

Keith - It did not say it was double dyed. I think it was just single dyed green. I can't wait to try the Violet and Blue double dyed this week. :) You did a great job dying these! They look even cooler in person.

Top Bottom