continue or not

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from chartle

chartle

Not sure was going to try an octagonal element.

Attachments

• 0508152025~2.jpg
    0508152025~2.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 1,285
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

chartle

I think I'm going to modify my jig so I can cut closer to the tube. This is way to bulky. Not sure what I was thinking.

chartle

You did good! Your efforts paid off with a finished pen! I am glad you got it that small so the clip doesn't lay out.

Well done!

I kept nudging the rip fence closer and closer and thought ok this looks good. As I was trimming the other sides I was like oh no what have I done.

My issue now is I only know how to do CA finishes when I make round stuff. I had to hand sand the facets and I guess I would use a buffing wheel set up to really polish it.

Also thought the design of the bottom should be straighter due to the sharpness of the lines of the top, but put it together and think it look good. I think though I got the bottom upside down and wanted the slightly thicker end near the joint but like it better this way.

Last edited:

stonepecker

Love the concept. I think you did very well.
Now I wonder what a 'true stone' or single color pour would look like. Maybe something with glitter through-out the blank?

And a buffing system with the shape would be a must for high shine. However, I like what you have done.

Top Bottom