A Contest Entry

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Whaler

Whaler

Another woodworking forum I participate on is having a contest and the rule is that your project has to be made from one common 2X6.
This desk set is done from a salvaged pressure treated 2X6. The pen is a Copper Sedona. All were sanded to 600, Mylands sanding sealer, buffed out on the Beale wheels and finished with carnuba.

I added a pic of a piece of the 2X6.

Attachments

• 2X6A.jpg
    2X6A.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 288
  • 2X6B.jpg
    2X6B.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 253
  • 2X6C.jpg
    2X6C.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Russianwolf

Dang it Dick....... It's the 15th and now its back to the drawing board for me.:mad:

Seriously nice set, don't know about the plating differences (copper and gold), but the 2x6 is looking good.

Whaler

Dang it Dick....... It's the 15th and now its back to the drawing board for me.:mad:

Seriously nice set, don't know about the plating differences (copper and gold), but the 2x6 is looking good.

Mike, Someone had to do the first post. The copper and gold aren't to bad side by side but I used what I had on hand.

Russianwolf

yeah, some of us have yet to get started.

Honestly, I couldn't come up with a project and was thinking of a pen for Plan B.

Now, I've had to dig deep, but I now have a plan A. :redface: Now watch out cause I'm coming for the prize.

Whaler

Did you say PT 2 x 6. Great work , but i would not have used PT lumber, thats for sure. Carl

I don't know why you wouldn't. CCA for treatment was discontinued in 2003 and with the proper care the new stuff is no more dangerous than a lot of the exotic woods than we use. This 2X6 wasn't old enough to have CCA treatment.

Drstrangefart

I've made pens out of almost the exact same stuff, just in 2x2 form. Looked great, just ran into unexpected issues when sanding. Sandpaper cut it DEEP. Too deep. Otherwise it was beautiful stuff, and the wife liked the pen a LOT. And it got stolen from her at tech school. You sir have put that pen to shame. That's absolutely a traffic stopping set, and you'd NEVER guess its common origins.

ToddMR

Dick that is pretty cool. I never even thought to do a sedona the way you did. Everything looks nicely executed. Good job!

Woodlvr

Nice looking set. I was wondering about the safety of this wood but you answered that question. BUT why does all of grass die right around where I use it in the back yard?

Top Bottom