Constants Rose Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jocat54

jocat54

This is one of Constants Rose inlay pens-I get really nervous doing these inlays but if you follow his instructions and go slow and light cuts it seems to work out okay for me. I have several more of his on order and I'm sure I will be just as nervous at first.

All comments welcome.

1_rose_pen.jpg

darthintel

I'm working on one now...have the pieces put in place and the brass tube epoxied in. Now trying to figure out the best method of trimming the barrel to the length of the brass tube. Need to trin about 1/4" on both ends...

The instructions say NOT to use a barrel trimmer...but to use a disc sander. I don't have a disc sander. Initial thoughts are to use a miter box / finish saw to cut close, then use a sanding block hand held to finish the job? Or chuck up in the PSI blank chuck on the lathe to spin the block and then use the sanding block?

Ideas would be appreciated.

larryc

I'm working on one now...have the pieces put in place and the brass tube epoxied in. Now trying to figure out the best method of trimming the barrel to the length of the brass tube. Need to trin about 1/4" on both ends...

The instructions say NOT to use a barrel trimmer...but to use a disc sander. I don't have a disc sander. Initial thoughts are to use a miter box / finish saw to cut close, then use a sanding block hand held to finish the job? Or chuck up in the PSI blank chuck on the lathe to spin the block and then use the sanding block?

Ideas would be appreciated.

If you have a lathe (of course you have a lathe), you can make a disc sander.

Attachments

• Lathe Sander.jpg
    Lathe Sander.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 121
Top Bottom