Confetti Fountain Pen (AKA chopped up clown)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Hunter1787

Hunter1787

This is one of my favorites up to this point, but I probably say (or at least think) that about every pen I've made. Anyway, here it is, magnetic graduate fountain pen in "party time" acrylic acetate.

This, for me, was one of those blanks where I didn't want to stop the lathe to look at it before I was finished. I had to, but I didn't want to.

Comments are very welcome,
John

Attachments

• IMG_6593.jpg
    IMG_6593.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 315
  • IMG_6594.jpg
    IMG_6594.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_6596.jpg
    IMG_6596.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 177
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johncrane

John! that's a great looking pen that blank works well with that kit.what your thoughts on the kit,does the cap hold well,what is the overall weight,does the clip feel firm,thanks in advance.

Hunter1787

Dang, I should have remembered to add my usual disclaimer: No clowns were harmed in the making of this pen.

John, when I first started making the pen, the kit was a little tricky to work with because of the clip. Unless you make sure to get the diameter on the clip end of the upper section either perfect or a little below correct size, the pen clip will be forced out (the clip is wider at the top. Look at the second picture I posted) and you'll have a clip that won't hold. Yeah, I had that happen to me a couple of times and thought I was going to give up on the kit altogether. I actually switched to Atrax pens. But then when I listed the pens on etsy, and two of them sold, well… money talks. The clip itself, once you have the diameter figured out, is quite secure. I don't like it as much as a more standard pen clip, but haven't had any real problems with it holding.
As far as the cap holding I have never had a problem there. It is a very secure magnate.
The weight is about average, maybe a little below. The pen weighs 1.75 ounces, whereas the Atrax pens weight 2 ounces. I don't like posting the cap while writing because that puts the balance too far back for my taste.
I hope that all made sense.

Thanks for the comments,

John

Top Bottom